Without engaged users, even the most beautiful website is pointless. That is why Fluid Creativity’s creative design services are strongly focused around providing a fulfilling website user experience.
User experience refers to the behaviours, attitudes and emotions of a person when using a website. A good experience can lead to increased conversions, customer loyalty and brand advocacy.
UX design is an iterative design process is used to control a person’s experience when interacting with a website. The process begins with extensive research into a website’s target audience and the testing and monitoring of their typical browsing behaviour. This insight is then used to produce an enthralling experience that fulfills their needs and expectations.
Using the most applicable techniques, we can scale our process up and down according to budget, site size and the overall objective of a website. No matter how much you have to invest, we have a solution for every budget.
The Fluid Creativity Approach To UX Design
Although all of the processes we undertake are tailored to each client we work with, the core of our process follows the same fundamental steps.
Research forms the foundations of our design process, and informs every design choice we make over the course of a project.
From a business perspective, we aim to determine an organisation’s strategy, requirements from the website and objectives. We do this using a number of techniques:
- Stakeholder interviews (with directors, employees, etc).
- Requirements workshops to determine the most important objectives for the site.
- Competitor benchmarking to identify what they do well, and what they don’t.
User research is the most important part of the process as it informs us of the requirements of a business’s target audience and market. We dedicate a significant amount of time into the user research process, utilising the following techniques:
- User interviews and surveys: what do users expect from a site, and how can we deliver it?
- Persona development: who is the site built for and how best can we serve them?
- Usability testing: how do your customers interact with websites.
- Website analytics: what currently works and what doesn’t?
Before any design work can take place, a comprehensive plan has to be drawn up. This plan takes the form of:
- User scenarios and stories: accounting for potential user experiences with the site, and coming up with solutions.
- User journey mapping: planning and illustrating how users will interact with the site and optimising the experience for maximum engagement.
- Information architecture: defining the structure so it’s organised in a logical and intuitive way.
- Wireframes: defining the layout and features on a web page.
- Functional specification: defining the website’s features and functionality.
All of the above processes are tested with users before moving on to the next phase of the overall design process; if they aren’t right, we tweak and finetune until they are.
After research and planning, the actual design of the site can begin. We undertake an iterative and collaborative design process, with concepts frequently tested by users and stakeholders to ensure that all of our objectives are being achieved.
Following the research, planning and design process, production begins on the front and back-end development of the site. The site is thoroughly tested throughout the development process to ensure that a user can access and navigate through the site unimpeded and enjoy an engaging experience.
UX design doesn’t end with the completion of a website. It should be monitored on a regular basis to identify any improvements that could be made and any changes in the expectations of your target audience.
We conduct frequent tests on existing websites including usability testing, the monitoring of analytics to identify trends and potential issues, and conversion rate optimisation.
It is no longer enough for a website to simply offer information or the ability to purchase products. With more competition for attention than ever, offering your target audience a compelling user experience is the key to attracting more traffic, winning repeat visits and increasing your conversion rate.
To learn more about our services, get in touch.